Saturday, October 28, 2006

Win James Dolan's Money, The Draft: The Finale

10/27, 12:10 PM: Kevin decides he doesn't care who he gets for his first 2 bench spots and lets the Yahoo list cast the die for him. He immediately regrets this decision when the second pick ends up being Starbury, whom he really despises. Guess I know who's going to be the first player to hit the waiver wire. His other pick here is another point guard in the form of the mercurial Mike James. Vern takes a page from Kevin's book in grabbing the injury-prone Larry Hughes.

6:30 PM: Amanda takes MoPete in a nod to her Michigan roots. I, too, reach back into my past for my next pick. Continuing the "If your college team couldn't beat them, join them" strategy I began by picking David West, I go with St. Joe's alum Jameer Nelson, a point guard that lighted it up after becoming the full-time starter in Orlando last year.

10/28, 12:53 PM: Jason takes Baron Davis, which means he really needs to grab the Baron's chiropractor in the last round for the handcuff pick. Logan's up next, and being the fantasy veteran he is, he realizes that even on a fantasy team you need a guy that does the little things. You know, like grab rebounds, guard the paint and look like the Hulkster. That's right, we have a Chris Kaman sighting, ladies and gentlemen! How do you follow that up? By taking the league's best flopper, Manu Ginobili, which Logan did. Back to Jason, who takes Rip Hamilton. Hard to imagine how such a good scorer dropped this far. This pick's so good that I have no joke here; I hate that. My last pick is up next, and I complete my Kiddie Corps bench by drafting Brandon Roy. He's already the starting 2-guard for the Jail Blazers, so as long as the Culture of Convicts doesn't get to him, he should see big minutes.

3:15 PM: Amanda clearly saw a lot of last year's playoffs, because she's taking Josh Howard here.

4:51 PM: Vern's going with Brendan Haywood, apparently oblivious to the fact that we're not doing a 2000 fantasy college basketball league...

8:22 PM: Kevin finishes things off with Andre Iguodala. Looks like Basedow is just going to have to settle for being Kev's fantasy team's fitness coach. With all of Kev's injury-prone players, that might be the most important job that team has.

There you have it, our first fantasy draft live blog. Hope you liked it. For me, it'll mainly be something to look back on when it's 5 weeks into the season and I'm wondering how I could possibly have thought it was a good idea to pick (fill in the blank).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home