Thursday, February 16, 2006

NASCAR Fantasy League

Our NASCAR fantasy league is about to get under way, so as a courtesy to those league members who read this blog regularly, I thought I'd post some info about the draft. The time schedule's going to be pretty tight, since we're trying to get the Daytona 500 results in. Fortunately, there are only 6 fantasy team owners and 4 drivers per team, so it shouldn't take too long. The draft is going to be over email, and it starts right now. Here is the order:

1. Ahamed
2. Steve
3. Kirk
4. Eric
5. Vern
6. Tom

Here's the plan: tonight, Steve or I will forward an email to everyone in the league about how to sign up for your team. You'll want to sign up tonight and keep up with the draft so that we can enter in our auction picks on Friday. The "auction" will start as soon as the last team has signed up for the league, however, it won't have any official bearing on who gets what player. Instead, we will use the results from our email draft, and bid $1 on each player we pick in the draft (note: no real money is used in this step). Then, we will be able to set our lineups on Saturday in anticipation for the Daytona 500 on Sunday. This is a tough time schedule, but if everyone stays on their email, we can get this done. If it's going to be tough for some reason to check your email repeatedly in the next day or two, you can email your phone number to lnmsports@gmail.com, and I'll call you when it's your turn. Email any questions to that address as well.

Steve also wanted to know if anyone's interested in putting $10 on your team and having a winner-take-all prize pool. Email me at the above address to let me know if you're interested. Good luck!

6 Comments:

Blogger Ahamed Iqbal said...

Did I miss an email? Just checking, I got the first but not the one to set up the team.

12:14 AM  
Blogger Lock Ness Monster said...

Ahamed, to my knowledge, the email to set up a team has not been sent yet. However, what's more important is that we make our draft picks. Whenever you can get your pick in (you're first), please let us know. Thanks!

6:12 AM  
Blogger Lock Ness Monster said...

We have to move on with the draft, because it's such a short time frame. I'm sorry that we need to make a pick for you, Ahamed, but hopefully the sting will be lessened by the fact that it's the defending champion, Tony Stewart. I'll let you know when we get back to your turn.

7:11 AM  
Blogger Lock Ness Monster said...

The draft so far has played out like this:

1. Tony Stewart
2. Jimmie Johnson
3. Jeff Gordon
4. Dale Earnhardt Jr.
5. Ryan Newman
6. Matt Kenseth
7. Greg Biffle
8. Carl Edwards
9. Mark Martin
10. Elliott Sadler

Steve is up next with the 11th pick, and then Ahamed will be up for two picks. As soon as Steve's pick is in, I'll post it here also.

10:56 AM  
Blogger Lock Ness Monster said...

11. Jamie McMurray

A word of warning: Steve has informed me that unless we get your next two picks in by 3:00 PM, he's going to have someone else take over your spot. I apologize if that ends up happening, but I think he's really worried about getting everything done in time to include the race this weekend.

11:27 AM  
Blogger Ahamed Iqbal said...

Sorry guys I was in class.

Here's my depth chart (have to say I'm still confused about the setup...)

Kurt Busch
Kyle Busch
Kasey Kahne
Kevin Harvick
Brian Vickers
Jeremy Mayfield
Dale Jarrett
Denny Hamlin
J.J. Yeley
Jeff Burton
Casey Mears
Michael Waltrip
Joe Nemechek
Scott Riggs

1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home